About Me

My photo
Florida, United States

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

276 squares cut out tonight

Holy cow, I love my new Olfa cutter!! Thanks to a 50% off sale at JoAnn's, I got a nice new rotary cutter that is just awesome. The rotating mat and template are Fiskar's and often used. I got a small cutter with it and honestly, it sucked. Barely cut through ONE piece of fabric. Tried my mom's Olfa and fell in love. Now I have my own!!

The project for the afternoon. Pink and green for a custom quilt. And the crazy patterns? That is something my mom helped me pick out and Eric and I decided to use for our own room. We'll see how big I can get it! 276 squares total. I haven't cut squares in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time, my forearm and elbow (in which I have pins) are both very sore.

The layout of our quilt. Rather than a traditional over one, down one cascade, I tried something different since I have five fabrics. Over two, down one. I just think it breaks it up a bit better. I'm actually really pleased with it.

A closer look at the fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment